What is it?
MathEngine® allows users to process vast quantities of sensor data in the cloud, and on the fly. Users can either create simple custom scripts for basic operations such as averaging and filtering, or, they can implement advanced data processing algorithms for generating condition indicator metrics such as metal fatigue or bearing failure. More than just a data post-processing tool, MathEngine® output can be fed directly to the Alerts App, enabling fully customized & powerful alert scripting.
- Support for Octave , an open source alternative to MATLAB® that is largely code compatible
- Support for Python and NumPy and SciPy libraries
- Web interface for quickly creating, storing, and editing user applications
- Code upload option
- Library of commonly used data processing functions & example code
- MathEngine® Output can be fed to the Alerts App
- Future support for R statistics language
- Create new, derived channels based on simple or complex mathematical relationships
- Easily import or create your own custom scripts to clean your data (spike removal, filtering)
- Setup complex condition indicator (CI) or health indicator (HI) channels, then add alerts
- Generate custom graphs and figures using standard Octave/Matlab plotting tools
What is the computing environment?
All MathEngine® code is executed on dedicated resources on the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
When will it be available?
MathEngine® is currently under development, please contact MicroStrain if you would like to become an early adopter.